There’s been a lot of chatter about Instagram these days – hate it or love it – the most important thing you HAVE to do if you have an account is to keep it safe and secure. To make sure that your account doesn’t fall into hackers hands, make sure you do the following:
- Turn on two-factor authentification on your account.
- Do not send anyone (even if it’s someone you know) a screenshot of a QR code. This is usually a scam and it may be an attempt to hack into your account. Treat every message with caution especially, if they’re asking for help.
- Change your password regularly (and keep a note of it).
Here are some other tips on Instagram security:
- How to Secure Instagram Account & Personal Data
- How to Stay Safe and Secure on Instagram
- How to Protect Instagram Account from Hackers [YouTube]
- Is “email@example.com” legit and How to Prevent Phishing on Instagram?
- How to Protect Your Instagram Account from Being Hacked
I hope these tips are handy to keep your Instagram safe. If you’re one of those fortunate few who managed to get your account back after it’s been hacked, leave a comment below to let me know and what you did.
Sending you lots of love and light,